What is Artsmark?
Managed by Arts Council England, Artsmark is a national award scheme which recognises schools with a high provision in the arts. The scheme encourages schools to consider the opportunities they offer in art, dance, drama and music. By gaining an Artsmark, a school shows its commitment to the wider development of young people and teachers and to raising the profile of the arts in the school.
Artsmark aims to develop arts and culture based activity across the school in order to encompass an enriched and inclusive curriculum where the arts are embedded into a broader school strategy.
There are 7 key principles within Arts Mark which include:
· Striving for excellence and innovation
· Being authentic
· Being exiting, inspiring and engaging
· Ensuring a positive and inclusive experience
· Actively involving young people
· Enabling personal progression
· Developing belonging and ownership
Our Artsmark journey
In May 2020 we achieved our Artsmark Gold award which we keep until May2022. We are currently on a journey collecting evidence to achieve Artsmark status Platinum. We want to celebrate our strengths in what we already do within our inclusive creative curriculum alongside the development and enrichment of our arts provision.
Arts mark priorities
· To provide a wide variety of cultural and diverse experiences and opportunities for the children.
· To develop drama across the school and raise its profile.
· To link with other organisations to act as a hub for the arts.