At Millbrook PE is based on the National Primary Curriculum 2014.
We aim to give children a varied and interesting PE curriculum that gives them access to as many different sports as possible. Our PE lessons are based on the Get Set 4 PE Scheme of work however teachers are free to use their professional judgement to modify and develop this where they feel it is beneficial to do so.
Aims of the PE Curriculum
- Develop competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities
- Are physically active for sustained periods of time
- Engage in competitive sports and activities
- Lead healthy, active lives
- For children to find enjoyment and fun in physical activity
- To promote physical activity and healthy lifestyles the foundations of which will serve children for the rest of their lives
- To develop personal qualities such as self-esteem, leadership skills and motivation, along with social skills and positive attitudes towards others, e.g., teamwork, co-operation, etc.
- To provide opportunities for children to acquire, plan, perform, evaluate and develop a wide range of motor skills, whilst encountering the associated language and terminology
- To meet the statutory requirements laid down in the National Curriculum
- To teach children to recognise and describe how their bodies feel during exercise
- To give children access to at least 2 hours of physical activity every week
PE Coordinator: Miss Johnson